Qube is Simplifying 4K Review for Postproduction
with its Quad 3G Interface
Qube Cinema will show visitors to IBC how its Quad 3G interface for digital cinema projectors facilitates digital intermediate and D-cinema mastering workflows. The Qube XP-I server can stream uncompressed 4K data, as well as compressed DCP images, directly to a projector through a 4K Xi Integrated Media Block (IMB) featuring the Quad 3G interface.
Post facilities can now use the same server-projector setup for both HD-4K uncompressed color grading and 2K-4K digital cinema playback for comprehensive review and quality control.
The postproduction version of the Qube Xi IMB features a Quad 3G interface with four 3G-SDI cables that can link to color grading or finishing systems. These four BNC connectors simplify 4K setups for post houses, allowing users to easily switch between uncompressed 4K and 4K DCP playback.
The Qube XP-I server has a data throughput of up to 1,000 Mbps, enabling 4K 3D dual-projector playback from a single server running a single DCP. The Xi IMB supports HFR playback up to 500 Mbps. Multiple-projector setups for stereo 3D playback from a single XP-I server are possible due to internal synchronization of the Xi IMBs.
Being able to stream uncompressed 4K from the server straight into a projector is a serious step forward for postproduction facilities. PP Facilities can now review a raw master image, correct data directly and encode into a JPEG 2000 without swapping input boards.
Visitors to IBC can visit Qube Cinema at stand 7.F45 in Hall 7.
For more information about the uncompressed 4K capabilities of the Qube XP-I, Xi IMB and Quad 3G interface, contact D2.
- Qube Xi
- 2K and 4K resolution, software upgradable from 2K to 4K
- FPGA-based JEPG2000 decoding to deliver stunning 4K images
- Dual-Redundant Gigabit Ethernet connections
- Stereoscopic 3D playback with all available technologies
- Optional 48 fps and 60 fps HFR 3D
- Quad 3 Gbps HDSDI for 4K, 2K, HD and 3D uncompressed input
- Multi-IMB sync for dual-projector 3D and quad-projector 3D
- Autonomous IMB for standalone operation without storage server
- Storage server for the Qube Xi Integrated Media Block
- 4 to 8 TB of RAID Storage with hot-swap drive bays
- QubeTouch Web App and Android App for simple, powerful remote operation
- Plays to dual-projectors at up to 1,000 Mbps from one DCP, 4x the DCI spec
Qube Xi Integrated Media Block Technical Specifications
|Image Formats||DCI JPEG2000, MPEG-2 4:2:0 & 4:2:2|
|Image Resolutions||4096×2160 @24 fps, 2048×1080 @48 fps & 24 fps 3D
optional 2048×1080 @48 & 60 fps HFR 3D
|Stereoscopic 3D Systems||Master Image and XpanD
optional Real-D™ and Dolby 3D™ support
|Audio Formats||Linear PCM Audio, 48 KHz and 96 KHz, 24-bit|
|Subtitling||TI CineCanvas™ & SMPTE formats
Internal & Projector rendering
|I/O Ports||Gigabit Ethernet Port, RJ-45 x 2
USB 2.0 Ports x 2
AES3 Digital Audio Outputs, RJ-45 x 2
optional Sync In & Sync Out, BNC x 2
optional 3Gbps HDSDI inputs, BNC x 4
option Linear Timecode Out, BNC x 1
|Forensic Watermarking||Civolution NexGuard™|