Dolby 5.1 – 7.1 – 3D Atmos Sound
D2 partners with Dolby & QSC to deliver superior cinema sound.
A Revolutionary Approach to Sound. The most significant development in audio since the arrival of surround sound is here. Dolby® Atmos™ delivers audiences a more natural and realistic soundfield, transporting them into the story with a lifelike sensory experience. Developed with input from professionals throughout the movie industry, Dolby Atmos represents a dynamic shift in audio, reinventing the traditional surround sound methodology and offering a complete platform for sound now and well into the future.
Benefits of Dolby Atmos
- Delivers a powerful and dramatic new listening experience in the theatre
- Allows sounds to move around the theatre to create dynamic effects
- Reproduces a natural and lifelike audio experience that perfectly matches the story
- Adds overhead speakers for the most realistic effects you’ve ever heard
- Reflects the artist’s original intent, regardless of theatre setup
- Employs up to 64 speakers to heighten the realism and impact of every scene
Dolby Atmos Technical Information
- Creates clearer, more accurately positioned sound; uses object-oriented mixing to layer independent sound elements over channel-based audio content
- Captures all the director’s intent as descriptive metadata to provide customized playback for each theatre
- Automatically generates optimum soundtracks for theatres with 5.1- and 7.1-channel setups
- Delivers a rich, realistic sound experience through support for up to 128 simultaneous and lossless audio elements in a mix
- Scales easily to any size theatre, with up to 64 independent speaker outputs
Dolby Atmos uses an innovative layered approach to building a soundtrack. A base layer consists largely of static ambient sounds, which are mixed using the familiar channel-based method. Layered on top of these are dynamic audio elements that can be positioned and moved precisely to correspond to the images onscreen.
Metadata within Dolby Atmos records how these elements should behave during playback—behavior that best matches the director’s intent, regardless of theatre configuration. This dual-layer approach gives film creators greater power and freedom while ensuring you a consistent experience in any theatre.
Dolby released the CP850 sound processor to support its Atmos 3D sound solution.
D2’s partnership with QSC delivers control, quality, reliability and a total audience experience they can’t get at home.
- Crystal-clear, breathtaking, seat-shaking cinema sound is here with QSC’s DCA Series Digital Cinema Amplifiers. These THX approved amplifiers offer superior performance and features designed specifically for the cinema market. All DCA amplifiers feature PowerLight switch mode power supply technology and DataPorts for integration with QSControl.net or DCM Digital Cinema Monitors
- QSC’s Digital Cinema Speakers is a complete line of loudspeakers from high-power four-way, three-way and two-way screen channels to subwoofers and surrounds developed specifically for the professional cinema industry. With a wide range product to choose from, the DCS Series is the complete system solution for all sizes of auditoriums.
- The DCP 300, builds on the legacy of DCM and Basis to provide all signal processing and monitoring functions for Digital Cinema in a single integrated system. Designed to be used with QSC’s Digital Cinema Amplifiers (DCA) and featuring advanced DSP presets for QSC’s Digital Cinema Speakers (DCS), the DCP 300 optimizes loudspeaker performance while simplifying cinema sound system wiring and configuration.